Owners and Tenants of the Black Eagle
(according to archive documents)
1698-1727: Heinrich Endters
1727-1742: Georg Puhoczy (Buchoczy)
1742-1750: Franz Puhoczy, (Buchoczy)
1751-1755: Franz Bedő
1755-1775: Johann Lininger
1775–1799: Anton Rauch
1799 –1841 János Rauch (son of A. Rauch)
1828: Mihály Lang – Tenant of the restaurant. Mátyás Hoch’s widow -tenant of the coffee house.
1841 -1890: János Csida
1857: József Roszberger – tenant and restaurant operator. The same document mentions 23 persons working in the inn. The description of their duties suggests the house being used as a restaurant and coffee house and the possibility to stay overnight.
1890: János Tsida’s (Csida) wife is documented as the owner. The restaurant is operated by the innkeeper János Birki and manager Gyula Pongrátz.
1909: Mária Csida
1909 November: Sándor Lukács and Bernát Grosz are co-owners.
1913: Bernát Grosz is sole holder.
1913: Bernát Grosz has the first cinema of Székesfehérvár being built in the back area of the property. The building of the former cinema Apolló still exists (today: Dr. Koch László utca), but the former art nouveau facade has been lost due to late modernisation.
1916: Modernisation of the restaurant’s entrance.
1926: Renovations. The Black Eagle holds the Grosz’s family flat and an iron mongers and hardware shop.
1934: Renovation of the restaurant, opening of a beer parlor.
1935: Construction of a shed.
1942: Construction of an emergency shelter.
1944: The complete assets and properties of Bernát Grosz are confiscated and Grosz and 32 members of his family deported to Auschwitz.
1952: Nationalisation of the former inn “Black Eagle”.